A restricted fund helps to meet the needs of Brooklyn College and our students while reflecting the specific interests or desires of a donor. Establishing and naming a restricted fund can be a special way to honor or memorialize a loved one’s interests or accomplishments, honor a former student and/or faculty member, or encourage students in a particular academic area.
We welcome donations to establish and name new restricted funds as well as donations of any size in support of already existing restricted funds.
- Gifts of less than $10,000 may be made in support of existing restricted funds.
- Gifts of $10,000 or more may be used to establish new, temporarily restricted scholarships, awards, prizes, internships, travel funds, research fellowships or departmental discretionary funds. The total balance in a fund may be available for current use.
- Gifts of $25,000 or more may be permanently restricted for awards, prizes, internships, travel funds, research fellowships or departmental discretionary funds. Permanently restricted funds are housed at the Brooklyn College Foundation in perpetuity.
- Gifts of $100,000 or more may be used to support a wide range of naming opportunities, including scholarships, professorships, endowed chairs and presidential scholarships, which are prestigious awards reserved for the most exemplary academic achievers.
To establish a restricted fund or to support an already existing fund at the foundation, please contact Emily Mitra Moqtaderi, Managing Director, Campaign and Leadership Gifts, 718.951.5000 x2236.
- Guidelines for naming a restricted fund at the Brooklyn College Foundation
- Restricted Funds Managed by the Brooklyn College Foundation (pdf)